Are you nice?

When a solicitor calls are you nice to them or are you hateful?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 10:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am polite, but if they then become rude when I decline I will not be nice. I have had solicitors call for donations and I will say "no I can't at this time" and one time the person got rude and said "why not, you can't even contribute 15.00, what's 15.00" I don't feel then need to be nice to those callers.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am nice the first few times, but if a company continues to call after I have told them I am not interested I am no longer so friendly.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• nice at first.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It depends on what time it is. If it is after bedtime for the kids (8:00), I am not friendly.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 10:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't answer the phone unless I know the name and number on my caller ID. So I don't speak to them at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am always nice....

Answer by older at 10:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I offer them a water if I have one in a bottle and say no thanks.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh I thought you meant at the door....my bad.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am polite at first but if they persist, I cut them off, tell them to take me off the call list, and hang up.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am nice simply because they are people who are just trying to make money like the rest of us. However, when they start to become too pushy, I remain polite but will be firm with them on my answer. Now my husband is another story! He has answered the phone before and when he realized it was a soliciter he started yelling "oh my God I won! I WON! What's my prize??!" The poor guy on the other end didn't know what to do!!!! It was horrible but I laughed til I about peed my pants!!!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010