The worse headache i have ever had..

I have had headaches for the last week..everyday/night. It will ease up for a few hours a day if im lucky, but will always come back. It wakes me up when im sleeping, and nothing seems to help. I have taken over the counter meds but it dont work. I have did cold/warm compresses on my head, and it seemed to help for a few minutes to ease the pain but it just comes right back. I have never been in this much pain..my head hurts..teeth hurt..ears hurt..eyes hurt. Anybody experienced this? I know i need to break down and go to the doctor, it just cost so much when you dont have insurance

Brittney20

Asked by Brittney20 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• You really should go to the doctor. If something is wrong, the sooner you go and have it taken care of the less costly it will be and headaches can be so debilitating! I really hope you feel better soon!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• never had it that way. I had a couple of really bad headachs but med did always help. You really hsould go see a doctor. Sometimes there are clinic that will see you for less or based on you income. If you have what you descriebt es can be something serious! I hope its not and I hope you get well real soon.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sounds like you have a sinus headache. Ordinary pain meds do not work for a sinus heacache. It's when your sinus's are so blocked that they become enflamed & infected. You may, or may not have post nasal drip. Try using over the counter sinus headache medicine. I get real bad sinus headaches at least once a year....the pain is AWEFUL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Have you tried a decongestant, antihistamine and LOTS of water??? It's worth a shot. But yeah could be a sinus infection or something... even if you don't feel stuffy. Hope you feel better soon, definitely time for the doc ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Forget the doctor, they'll just prescribe pain meds or tell you to take otc meds. Go to the chiropractor, and ask to have your sinuses and everything adjusted, besides your neck, shoulders, back, etc. It'll be a lot cheaper (we pay $35 for a chiro visit, 90+ for a doctor visit) and you don't have to worry about insurance. Much better too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Don't take advice from people on CafeMom about what medicines to take, etc. You need to see a doctor.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've had sinus infections before and it hurts like hell. But I do agree with Simplicity3, go to the doctor and see what they say and what the prescribe.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Avoid all acidic foods..vinegar, citrus, tomatoes, tomato based sauces...google acidic/alkaline foods and eliminate the acidic ones and incorporate the alkaline ones into your diet. I get migraines and carrot juice will cure them every time. Celery is very alkalizing too. Any drug you take will only cause an acidic reaction in your body and make things worse. It works like this acid = inflammation = headache. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You need to go see your doctor and he might say go to the denist. I used to work at a dental office and many headaches come from your teeth. I have a recent post i just posted under work from home classifieds it will help you if you don't have insurance and esp. if the doctor or denist or etc. find out if something is wrong..check it out. Hope for the best!
    lovebeingamom26

Answer by lovebeingamom26 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thanks everyone
    Brittney20

Comment by Brittney20 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2010