Am I crazy for trying to "categorize" my childrens toys in the playroom?

Okay so is anyone else OCD like me and feel the need to organize their childrens playroom toys by kitchen toys, baby dolls, legos, etc? I mean really, it doesn't drive me crazy to have toys all over but I can't help myself when we pick them up! LOL! Its like trying to shovel the driveway while its still snowing!

ditchen4

Asked by ditchen4 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• not at all!
    gracielovesmom

Answer by gracielovesmom at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, it makes you organized.

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think its good to teach kids that things have a place. Its ok t mix them up and use kitchen stuff with Barbies btu when you get it out you have to put it back in its place. You will have to do this if they are young but by 1 1/2 or so they can help you start putting them away in the right tubs. You can even put a laminated pic on the front so they know what goes in each container (if you want to be really ocd) lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Works for us.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I do this. It organized and my son sees that everything has a place. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I really like the idea of the laminated picture on the containers!!!! EXCELLENT!
    ditchen4

Comment by ditchen4 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No it isn't. And when your kids get old enough to put their toys away, they'll be able to see where to put things away. The laminated picture is a great idea!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I keep my child's toys in a toy organizer. Balls go in one bin, cars go in another and so on. 

This is the one that he has: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000067PTO/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001EQ66N4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=009S6DEGTC0THFVJYEXE

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, you are not crazy...

I wish I could get it together, we have a smaller place and too much stuff, I am still down sizing. OMG< I wish I had good organizations skills, lately with 4 kids I can't get it together, and don't think I ever will....

I keep trying though....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We have that same organizer Simplicity3! We need more though! I have 3 kids and my 2 younges are girls that are only 18 mo. apart and their is SO much small things like baby bottles, cups, braclets etc!
    ditchen4

Comment by ditchen4 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2010