what is delaying vaccinations?

I have no clue what this is and just wanted to know if anyone could just simply explain...lol first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It means getting the vaccinations for your child later then what the doctor's schedule them.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Delaying vaccinations may be safer than doing them all so soon in the baby's development. There is a risk of Autism and Autism spectrum disorders associated with a preservative, Thimerserol, in many, if not most vaccines. Studies have indicated that the risk decreases as the child matures.

I chose no vaccines for my children. If you'd like more info I can send you a link to a group with a ton of it so you can choose based on the information available from both sides of the issue. Just click my photo and send me a message.
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 2:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• first time mom too, and it means that you can delay when a child gets a certain vaccination.. as of right now, my son is delayed on several, and I love my Ped for letting me do this without arguement..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It means that you are not following the vaccine schedule and have your child get some or all vaccines later. My son doesn't get any vaccinations. The safety of vaccines is questionable so do as much research as you can. :)

Oh, and sweetscrappin, your doctor doesn't "let" you do anything. You're the mom, you call the shots. If any doctor is condescending or combative about the decisions you make as a parent you should find a more supportive doctor.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008