If you have a passport.............

When did you apply and how long did it take to get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Travel

• Local passport office. About 4 weeks. I paid extra to have it done quickly.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It takes around a month or so to get it, and prices have gone up a lot!

Answer by older at 10:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• 4-6 weeks no expedited
    2-3 weeks expedited.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• DH and I applied at the same time and recieved ours on different days. It took less time than they said, but it was a slow time of year for them and before the new rule or law that you have to have one even to go to Mexico/Canada/on a cruise. We applied in late October, got them in early December. It's been probably 5 years. My sister, on the other hand, just got hers a couple of years ago - she had to expidite hers (costs extra) AND drive to her state capitol with her various forms of ID to "prove herself" or whatever - still took her 5 weeks to get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i got mine thru the military and it took FOREVER. well over a month. then when we travled, they stamped mine and my daughter's and the stamp has hardly any ink, you can't even see teh stamp in the book unless you're really looking for it.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Takes about 6 weeks.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Applied for mine in October 2009, received it in the mail 3 weeks later. Both of my parents received their's in 3-4 weeks as well (they applied spring of this year). Don't pay more for expedited service when it usually comes before the estimated time frame.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You can go through the post office. It took me about 4 weeks to get it the first time (I was 19, many moons ago!) and when I got it changed after I got married it took about 5 weeks (6 years ago.) My friend applied for hers in late October, she didn't pay to have it expedited, and she still hasn't received it yet, it's been a little over 6 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You apply at the local post office. It usually takes about4-6 weeks. You can pay extra to have it expidited.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• All of the above ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010