First birthday

Did your baby get their own cake on their first bday? I made dd one, I wasn't sure how she would do, but in about two seconds she dug right in! lol. It was too cute. Before the cake she got spag. for the first time too. So she was double messy. But she hammed it up big time. My gma gave me a hard time for not inviting the whole family, we just did my parents and grandparents, but in the end it was worth it :)

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, i always order a 1/4 sheet cake for the guests and the small one for the birthday girl/boy comes free with it. my oldest dug into it, had it in her hair & everywhere. my middle didn't even want to touch it, and now at 2 she hates getting messy still. my youngest will be 1 in january, i have a feeling she'll dig in like my oldest. i'll put stuff on her tray now and let her self feed and she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. i guess my middle is a little priss lol.

and dont feel bad about who you invited, a first birthday is really just an intimate thing for the parents and the close family members/friends. i plan to only invite my parents & grandparents, his and the godparents of our baby for my youngest's first birthday.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• With my first 3 I had never heard of a smash cake - so they just got a big peice of the whole cake. For my last one I still hadn't heard of a smash cake, but I made him one, not knowing that's what it was ;). He hardly touched it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes my dd is getting a smash cake! her 1st isnt until feb but i like to plan ahead!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes ds got one when he was 1. Sounds like you dd had a great time! :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010