what can i use old egg cartons for?

I have a few old egg cartons that i saved for some reason. I want to use them to make crafts with my daughter. Any ideas?

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• With paint, pipe cleaners and googly eyes you can make cute caterpillars out of them.

specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You can also use them to start little plants in them. When they outgrow their egg carton, your children can plant them in littel pots.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You could use them to start plants, and decorate the outside of the carton. They work well if you cut the top off, and use it for a tray.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Cut out the individual cups, paint them, glitter them, and make them into bells. They make great holiday decorations.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• How about cutting then and hanging them like a wind chime a non noisy one.. but could paint them and see the colors moviing with the wind..
    Or go as far as putting small bells or ? in them and allow noise, hang it in kids room or outside.
    you can also store small thing in them like buttons etc.. and could decerate it according to the contents.
    valinindy

Answer by valinindy at 1:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Plant seeds in them. To start your garden early. It is a bit to early now though.Or plant coleus it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I saw someone cut them apart and make "bells" out of them... A little paint, string, and some jingle bells.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Can I just ask what coleus is mmmegan38??? Never heard of it before!!!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• And I love everyones ideas! Might just do a little of everything! Thanks.
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• teach her how to garden.....they can be little plant starters....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010