potty training

Is it wrong to ask my daycare provider to help with my daughters potty training? My 2 kids are the only ones that she watches. I work from 2-6 every day so i work with my daughter at home then put diapers on her and take her to daycare. What do you think?

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old are they? Sometimes it's not worth the effort to try and potty train until the child himself is ready. If the child is doing great with it, then yes, I would expect them to help, but not totally potty train the child... that's not fair. If the child is not ready, I don't think you can expect the daycare worker to fully comply, no.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Of course not. She has to be on board for it to work.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my daughter is 2 1/2 and does great at home.
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• no, it's not wrong. at regular daycares, they will help potty train, so therefore if your child is ready she needs to start doing it while your child is in her care. otherwise she'll get confused.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2010