cleaning

i have 2 small childen and raising them on my own. any ideas on how to get my cleaning done!!! ones usually crying and the other is pulling out everything i just put away!help!!!!

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• good question! i haven't figured that out for myself yet! i clean the house everyday (not deep cleaning, but tidy and such and laundry just about everyday) and the next day you can't even tell! i just try to keep it tidy, keep the dishes clean and other little things picked up, and i do all of this while the kids are occupied, or let my oldest help. they can all help pick up their toys though. i save dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms and such for when they're napping or on sundays when hubby is home.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Can you find something to keep them entertained while you're cleaning, or maybe have them "help"? My almost 3 yo loves to help me clean, I give him a clean rag and he "dusts." When he was smaller, I'd clean while he was asleep.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh the fun I just pick up little by little but I don't sweat the small stuff I usually wait till mine is asleep and then do things like dishes and laundry.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 11:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sometimes I would get my kids involved, It depends on their ages, we would sign clean up songs and put everything way. I sometimes would put the TV on and let them watch 1/2 hour of TV while I cleaned a little. When they were really young I would put them in the pack and play or crib and clean then.

I do think getting them involved is good, they may not clean prefectly, although they will try.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The kids are 2 and 6 months. It's the 6 month one that I have the issues with! Doesn't like to have someone not pay attention to him. And my 2 year old wants everything out!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• wear the youngest in a sling or wrap (you can use a sheet right noe for that) and allow the other to "help" or play in the room with you.

Video for sheet sling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAWAk4svsl8
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pack up as much as you can. If you aren't going to use it weekly for the next 2 years, put it in boxes. Our lives are so much more filled with stuff than 50 years ago, it complicates all the cleaning processes --every time you have to move something to clean something else, you're wasting your time, and adding 'putting it back' to the task that could take 7 seconds. Everything you have to move, you either have to find somewhere they can't reach it or put it where they're going to mess with it while you're cleaning.

A great book on streamlining cleaning, so you can get more done in less time is Speed Clean by Jeff someone, as well as Don Aslett's Make Your House Clean Itself.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Use home made / non toxic cleaners and let your kids "help"

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010