Relative to my last question....

Who else is completely and utterly fed up with the NFL? It's beginning to be such a pansy game anymore. Some issues still should be addressed (i.e. the helmet to helmet hit in my previous question) but I disagree with someone being a "defenseless player." If your on the field you aren't defenseless. Another example James Harrison getting penalized last game against the Bills for tackling with his whole weight. It's pathetic. These men are football players not tennis players. They are tackled, they are pummeled, they are injured. They know all of this going into it.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• Funny I have heard this debate so much lately. I do agree that we need to let them play and that helmet to helmet is something to think about. I also think that every one of those guys that plays understands the risks and loves the game. I think they should be allowed to play the game.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• As an athletic trainer (and die hard football fan) who provides emergency medical coverage for football games I can say there are times when they most certainly are "defenseless players". Justb/c you are a football player doesn't mean you should have permanent physical damage that affects your ability to funtion for the rest of your life for the sake of a game. There is no reason they can't take some of the senseless violence out of the game and still keep it true to the sport. Years ago when the helmets were thin, and leather they didn't hit helmet to helmet. But since they have put so much equipment on the game has gotten out of hand. There is no reason for some of the crap that goes on out there.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pansy game? LOL.
    The idea of smashing into a guy while trying to carry a ball or a whole bunch of guys all piling on top of each other is such a waste of energy and such a waste of time...amd the money those big ,lame-brain, muscle-men make is obscene.
    I would rather watch golf or tennis.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Golf over football? I sure hope golf isn't what you consider exciting. Tennis on the other hand is fast paced the only reason I was using it as an example was because there is barely any contact with another person. I personally enjoy football and I don't find it a waste of time. If anything sitting her typing this right now is more of a waste of time because I actually enjoy watching football.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• "If anything sitting her typing this right now is more of a waste of time because I actually enjoy watching football." - LMAO!! SO true isn't it!! Football is awesome... I love being on the sidelines - it's such a rush! Sometimes I just want to run out there and hit someone!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think players in the NBA are even bigger pansies. One little bump and they throw themselves dramatically onto the floor hoping to get a free throw. It's getting ridiculous. I know it isn't a contact sport, but quit being such pansies. Big wimps! Now hockey players can handle a "bump" or two (a.k.a. body check) and they aren't pansies. They're tough.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 7:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010