extreme hair loss

So I'm 6 months pregnant and for the last few months I've experienced extreme hair loss. When I brush my hair I have to clean the brush out because there is so much wrapped around it. During the day I pull hair off my shirt as if I was a shedding animal. I did a google search and saw vitamin defiency, thyroid problems and stress as a cause. Anyone else experienced this. This is my 3rd pregnancy and my previous 2 I didn't have hair loss until AFTER they were born. I plan on asking my OB next week about it. But I'm wondering if there is any treatment? I'm taking my vitamins but I'm under alot of stress dealing with my husband's deployment

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost an OUTRAGEOUS amount of hair while I was pregnant due to a vitamin defiency. I would bring it up to your Dr. I had to be put on many different vitamins while I was pregnant to make sure my son was getting the proper amount. He was born VERY healthy but I suffered after having him. I started losing even MORE hair, my body bruised very easily (my legs were COVERED), I passed out a couple times and lost A LOT of weight. I weighed about 125 pre pregnancy I now weigh 105 after having my son due to my vitamin defiency. Get it checked out to be safe :)
    xopinkstar07

Answer by xopinkstar07 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010