Do you...

consider the term "hometown" to be where the person was born?

if so, what about those that were only in a place for a very very brief time and have no memory of it, nor have any other history there other than the fact they were born right there at that time. (ie military families, or water broke at that moment wherever mom happened to be)

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. My hometown is where I lived from the time I was 7 - 22.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My hometown is where I was born, but I also consider the place I grew up to be my hometown.... I know its weird but I am at home in both places.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My "hometown" was where I was born and raised. I lived in the same "hometown for almost 30 yrs all total so it will always be home.

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• that's a good question because my daughter was born in TN but was raised in Ohio. I would think your hometown is where you were born and raised.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I consider it to be the town you grew up in. I was born in Seattle, but spent most of my childhood in another town. That other town is my hometown, not Seattle. I don't remember living in Seattle, so I don't care as much about it :)
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My hometown is Cleveland. I was born and raised there. I left for Dayton for college, met my husband and did not come back to Cleveland. However, Cleveland will forever be my hometown.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I consider my hometown to be where I grew up, not necessarily where I was born.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I consider my hometown the city I grew up in. I was born in a different city, but my parents moved when I was about a year old so I have no memory of it.
    If someone asks me what my hometown is, I usually say, "I was born in _____, but moved to _________when I was a baby and that's where I spent my childhood".
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i did for a while. but when i grew up a little more. i decided where i grew up from 12-20 was really my hometown.
    milkieshakes

Answer by milkieshakes at 2:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• thats fine, but do you consider the place a person was born to be where they are from? Even if there's no other tie for them there than that fact.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2010