Strange question... For Atheists...

So, I don't know why this popped in to my head, but the question actually woke me up last night so now I NEED to know an answer... lol.

Anyways, I was wondering how do Atheists feel about Residual Energy Hauntings? I know that generally most do not believe in Spiritual Hauntings because most do not believe in Spirits... BUT, Residual Hauntings are not spiritual, they are physical... And for whatever reason, it's bugging me...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Atheist and I actually believe in this. I'm actually really into that stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• oops that was me ^^
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I do believe in the spiritual world. It has been a part of my life for a long time, so, even if I'm not sure of the explanation sometimes, I know what I can see and feel. If an atheist has never seen a ghost or a ufo or bigfoot (or photographic evidence of these things), they are less likely to be believers in such things. It is truly a case of seeing is believing. Many are as fundamentalist about their skepticism as christians are about their religion, and will dispute evidence, even if they DO see it. A liberal athiest is a bit more willing to say that, yes, these things are real but there's just no explanation for them right now. They can accept that knowlege is on-going and that, one day, we will have answers.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't believe in them at all. I think many people have very vivid imaginations.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It is truly a case of seeing is believing.

True for me seeing is believing I am not a fundamentalist just don't believe there is a God or anything after this life and so far in 40 years nothing has proved me wrong. I have been with people who saw a ghost while I was in the room. I didn't see anything or feel anything there was nothing there they were all hysterical and I was amused.lol They all had very different accounts on what the being looked like and most were similar to a movie we had watched about a haunted house a few days earlier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ok upon looking up residual hauntings as I didnt even know what that was... it sounds like it is similar to like the Catholics that have seen apparitions such as tears in the eyes of Jesus on the Cross and other stuff. Is that correct?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Atheists don't believe in God, but many of them do believe in other supernatural things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Residual haunting has been scientifically disproved, so no.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm going to answer this, because even though I consider myself a Pantheist, some say that it's really just 'sexed up atheism'. I don't really care whether it's theist or non-theist by definition (other than trying to figure out what questions apply to me on CM LOL).

I don't know that I necessarily believe in that, and I don't know enough about it to make a definition decision on what I think. I do tend to be the type who needs scientific evidence of things and will likely dismiss an idea if it's seems unlikely based on reason and science. That said, we discover new things in science all the time that makes us rethink the past or theories we had. So, I'm open to a lot of ideas and possibilities, but I would be more likely to be swayed by repeatable data in testing or some kind of evidence. Probably the archaeologist in me speaking there. Do you know of any scientific studies on it? Do you have links I can read? Thx!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• *definite* decision. ugh, I really can't type today.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010