How would you respond?

My DH calls me "fats". He says it like a pet name like "sweetie" but it isn't nice. I told him it isn't nice and I don't like it. Every day he comments about my weight. I have told him it is hard to feel sexy when he constantly puts me down about my weight and points out where my chub is and so on. Yesterday he was pinching my hips and I said " I know they are chubby" he said "No, they are fat!" Really? Do you need to treat me like that? Then he laughs if I react. I have lost 18 lbs in the last 7 weeks. I am working out and eating right. I have bad knees and asthma so I don't run anymore and that is when I gained my weight. I only need to lose another 35 to make him happy, but I wish he would stop with the comments.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd respond by saying if you don't like it, leave!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Call him "Turtle" then. Tell him he needs to grow a few inches down there to make YOU happy and see how he feels about that
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would tell him to eat s!*t, if he doesn't like you the way you are then he can go find someone "good" enough for him. Insecure ass.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Honestly every thing I can think of is mean if my husband did that the locks to the house would be changed.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my marriage has its issues too, but I've had 2 knee surgeries in 7 years of marriage .... there is nothing on earth quite like knee pain. It makes even the most mundane activity torturous. If he cannot respect or appreciate you for you, than take your lovely pound dropping self someplace else. ..... I'd get frank w/ him, seriously. Ask him his motives. "Are you trying to make me leave? Make me feel bad? Make me have an eating disorder?"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• wow 35 pounds to lose to make him happy....scary comment you should lose weight for yourself! So you can feel better about your self! Sorry hubby sounds like an A HOLE! Dont ever let someone put you down you are so much better than that! I honestly couldnt be with someone who talked or treated me like I wasnt worth nothing...wow Hope things get better for you!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sounds like he's getting a little too comfortable with his life. I'd let him know that there are plenty of fish who would be interested in a loving companion who is fine just the way she is!!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You love this man, and he claims to Love you? I can see there are many more issues here than just about him calling you "fats"... GL to you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I hate when I see men do this, and this is a topic of jokes for many, like if they were perfect in their own right! You ignore the jerk and keep doing what you are doing regardless of his jokes, if you keep it up, YOU will be fitter than him!!!!

Answer by older at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd probably start picking on my husband about his crooked nose or his no-butt and when he got all butt hurt, I'd offer to stop if he'd stop giving me a hard time about my weight.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010