Would it be werid for me to give our Pregnant Pediatrican a Baby Gift?

She is very nice and We think she is great! She about to go on maternity leave..I was wondering if it would be weird if we brought her a baby gift when we see her at our appt.???

emturner

Asked by emturner at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Most doctors, police officers, city officials, fire fighters are not allowed to take gifts. It can be mistaken as bribery, and yes, even doctors can get bribed. Do you encounter her anywhere else? You could give it to her outside of work? I think it would be a sweet gesture, but you don't want to get anyone in trouble or risk an embarrassing moments as she refuses it do to ethics.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would give her a card
    Anonymous

• I don't think it would be weird. I think it would be a nice gesture.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think it would be sweet!

but for some reason, I was thinking I heard a doctor say they are not allowed to receive gifts (has to do with the oath they take)... check with her first.
    Anonymous

• I think it would be weird.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think something small would be nice. i did find this article that might help you decide
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/21/when-your-doctor-is-on-the-gift-list/
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 3:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think it's not weird but very nice and considerate of you. I'm quite sure she will appreciate it and be very gracious.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 3:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Just give her something very small. Like a card and a little carnation or smomething to that effect.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think it is very very sweet of you. I had a doctor several years ago (he past away awhile back) that I always gave a jar of my homemade salsa each summer. He loved it and never said a word about not being able to accept a gift.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• A card is a nice thought!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008