Does anyone else have 2 bosses that you work for and.....

you constantly have to do and redo work because they can't seem to decide on what they want to do. Mine even go so far as to wait until the other is out of the office and then have me redo what has already been done so it is their way. It is so frustrating! I find that one is more this way than the other, she is always undermining what the other does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have more than one boss and sometimes get conflicting instructions. I email them both and ask them to clarify. Do not get in the middle, make them battle it out without putting you in the middle.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have had this in the past. This is a true sign of unprofessionalism of your bosses. What you need to do is to briefly be the intermediary between bosses and pass each boss’s information to each boss. Then, there needs to be a meeting among all three of you.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh Yeah, the reason why is because the blame will be shifted on you if the work doesn't get done. You know the saying of what rolls downhill.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have before and they were a husband and a wife. The worst bosses I have worked for. Neither one of them could make up their minds. One would tell me one thing and the other would tell me something else and when they found out what the other had told me they changed their minds to the other but then would tell me something completely different the next day.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• blueshaphire, it is unprofessional and childish. The problem is so often the one who is undermining is always trying to get me to be on her "side" I from day one have alway thought that it is unprofessional, I feel like this boss is in high school. It's just annoying and if I were to address it with her like you say, I would surely lose my job. I have seen this in the past, someone openly disagrees with her and you are done for. Question her in any way and you are done for. I have gotten used to the pattern, it is just one of those weeks where the one is gone and the other is on a role with all the childness. Redoing all kinds of things that I know when the other gets back she will be upset (I actually feel sorry for her)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Anon,

I understand. And, manytimes I wonder how these "bosses" actually got their jobs acting the way they do. Moving through the ranks on your (and my) own two feet requires (and acquires) a lot of disclipline.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• * discipline Sorry
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sounds like a power struggle between the two of them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• lol, bluesaphire, don't worry, I won't jump on you for a typo and decide that you are unitelligent and have to learn how to spell :)

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, I do - and it can be challengin at times ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010