This may seem like a silly question..................

When I first joined cafemom I joined the car seat group and I learned abour ERF. My 2 and a half year old is now forward facing because my husband's wants him that way and will not allow me to rear face him. I feel like I am not doing the best I can for my child, almost like I am a bad Mom. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel like bad mom from time to time but 2 1/2 seems just about right to go forward facing. But that's my opinion. There may be moms out there that do it longer. Don't feel bad, it's not something you should get upset over
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• well, my husband doesnt understand ERF at all. But do what you do when you can. Like if you go out to the store, just you and your son, turn the seat around. Itll already be installed RF the next time he gets in the car. And if you have to change it every time, then so be it. Maybe your husband will get the hint. And it doesnt make you a bad mom at all.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• you are not a bad mom i just that some husbands are very machistas ......
    ANAKLETA

Answer by ANAKLETA at 12:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• omg people really. My three year old is out of a car seat in in a normal lap belt. thats like putting a 6 year old in one just because they weigh a certain amount. DUMB.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010