When did I become so boring?

I used to love being outside- sledding, looking at bugs, walking around... but now Im just so boring. I prefer to stay inside and stay warm. What the hell happened to me? How can I be more exciting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when you became a parent, even more so when you became a stay at home parent. For me, I lost every friend I had (former coworkers), no where to really go or that I need to be and nothings really all that fun alone.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• As soon as I saw your question - before opening it - I thought, "When you became a mom!" LOL
    Once you're a mom and you have so much to do, it can be easy to let go of interests and activities that you used to do for yourself.
    Take care, hope you find a fun way to broaden your horizons soon!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You got older lol. Same thing happened to me. You just have to find new things to do where you also stay warm.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Maybe you've got a touch of the winter blues. Stock up on some vitamin D and see your doctor because you might have seasonal affect disorder.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think as we get older it sometimes just happens.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with these guys. Age and becoming a mom will do that, even getting married will do that (they don't call it "settling down" for nothing). I used to do all kinds of things I wish I could now, but with a husband and a toddler, there's no way. I have responsibilities now, and they're much more important than getting my kicks. But that said, there has to be a balance. Are you happy with the way things are now? If not, then make a change! Find fun things to do that are conducive to your life now! I go running or go to the gym while DH watches DS. I take DS on hikes when the weather permits. I try to get DH to go to the city and wander around like I love to do, but he's too much of a planner to enjoy it. Have lunch with a girl friend here and there, or even find other moms with kids the same age as yours and have play dates.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You are not boring, but maybe in a rutt. It happens. Try to schedule things better and work in some time for yourself.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• When was the last time you got a full nights sleep? Lack of sleep could be what is making you boring!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah when you became a parent. LOL. it happens we all go through stages even adults.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd say that happens when you get older and become a mom
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010