Real tree or artificial?

What kind of Christmas tree do you have, and why?

christmas tree

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 12:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• artificial we need our trees for the enviroment
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• An artificial tree they last longer and r safer. The real ones r too much of a fire hazard. Plus the real ones make me sneeze.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Artificial. Every year ppl just waste money on a tree they have to throw out after a month or so. I'd rather spend the money for an artificial tree and have it year after year. A real tree, IMO, would be like throwing money into the snow bank and walking away.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I used to think having a real tree was wrong but my family started the tradition of going to a tree farm and cutting it down ourselves and my daughter and I loved it. I will continue the tradition with my daughter even though we'll be getting small ones as soon as I move out because I can't carry a big one myself.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Artificial!

1. That's what I grew up with.
    2. They last longer.
    3. Real ones scare me due to fire hazards.
    4. I like 'em. =)

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Growing up we always had a real tree-- and I was always sick over Christmas. For the past 18 years hubs and I have put up artificial trees since the last time we had a real tree we put up 2 in the house and I ended up with bronchitis for a month and hives-- turns out I am allergic to something in the trees. I do miss the smell of real trees though.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Fake Tree a real one is to much work
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• fake i wish we could get a real one
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• MarGeee, when I was a kid I thought it was good to have a real tree, b/c then we were supporting tree farms which would keep part of the Earth covered in trees - sort of set that land aside for TREES. Then I learned about all the dangerous chemicals that are used in Christmas tree farming! Yikes!
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Good point, bseastrand, but I know why some people I know spend the money - it's worth it to them for two reasons: tradition and the scent! I don't have a real tree, but I admit, some things come close but nothing can exactly duplicate the scent of a real Christams tree in the house! :o)
    FelipesMom

Comment by FelipesMom (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010