Does your hubby eat too much junk food?

My husband has no concept of healthy living. I worry about his health and talk to him about his diet. I am trying to educate him about it without nagging but i wish he would take his health more seriously. I cook healthy meals and he eats them (usually over eats). He will then sit down to a gigantic bowl of ice cream with magic shell. Its hard to take the time to cook us all healthy meals and watch him sabotage it with an 800 calorie "snack" an hour later. He isnt over weight. He is active at work but doesnt exercise at home much. Does your husband do this? Do you just turn a blind eye? He also drinks a ton of Mt. Dew.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• I often joke with my husband that he has Mountain Dew flowing through his veins instead of blood. My husband over eats as well, and it's so hard to get him to eat healthy. Unfortunately, his whole family in overweight. So I'm fighting about thirty years of bad habits and bad lessons. Can you keep the junkfood out of your house? My DH goes shopping with me and just throws it in the cart when I'm not looking lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes my husband pigs out on junk and then he blames me on why he's gaining so much weight.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sounds like your hubby is already miles ahead of mine. Mine thinks Chicken Nuggets are a "Healthy Lunch" because they are Chicken. He won't eat anything Green or Yellow and is paranoid about germs on non-processed foods. He thinks anything that was grown and not packaged is full of parasites and other harmful things, so if it doesn't come from a can or box, he won't eat it. When I put veggies or something in his food he picks it all out before he eats. He has a back condition which keeps him from being very active, but truth is he doesn't want to be and he uses it as an excuse. Oh, and he thinks "Little Debbies" are a food group... I don't mind so much on his side, he's a grown up... But I hate leaving him with the kids cause he just doesn't understand they shouldn't eat that way - but he grew up that way, so he doesn't get it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No hubby never does, I indulge sometimes, but when I do my body responds negatively, I throw up or get the runs, then I stop doing it, until I get another unhealthy urge, but I am aware of the price I pay!

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My husband is very overweight. He has made a feeble attempt to eat a bit better since we have been together but for the most part he eats a lot of junk. To make matters worse, he works for a vending machine company so he has constant access to bad snacks all day long. For a while, about two years ago, he really did make a good effort to stop with the junk & eat better. He lost 35 lbs. But, sadly, he's fallen back to the old habits (and gained the weight back) I dont nag him about it. That will never work. All I can do is buy healthier food, cook healthier food and hope he decides to follow along. I also make it a habit of reading labels & pointing out things to him. I got him to stop eating Butterfinger candy bars when I showed him it has 52% saturated fat. I also stopped buying soda pop. Is your husband buying the ice cream or are you?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• What does piss me off is he eats nothing but junk and I do my best to eat health & exercise... Yet I was 245 before getting pregnant and he's a total of 140lbs at 6'2" -- How the hell is that fair? He's got a freakin 6 pack - I have a keg - and I'm the one that works on being healthy and fit... WTH?????

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah my hubby totally used to drink WAY to much Mtn Dew. I honestly just had to tell him flat out that he needed to do something. He loves our girlies and wants to be there for them and enjoy their childhood so he was willing to make a change. He started doing the Body BY Vi 90 Day Challenge, he has lost over 10lbs, has WAY more energy and is so much happier. It has alreay changed his life and he isn't even a full month into it yet. I HIGHLY reccomend it!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• He sure does! I also cook pretty healthy dinners & i pack him lunch every day. You have NO IDEA how mad i get when i go out of my way to pack him a lunch, then he goes to BK instead & throws away the lunch i made! I am not a bad cook either! If one of his co-workers is eating a freaken big mac, he cannot control himself, he has to have it. His cholesterol is so high too...it's KILLING ME! I'm about ready to beg him with tears in my eyes to stop eating shit everyday. His grandad died at 53 from a heart attack, i really don't want him walking in his grandad's shoes....

AND, after dinner...you betcha! He's GOT to have something sweet & unhealthy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not so much junk food..but the amount of Cokes that he drinks is ridiculous!! He will pick up a 24 pack of coke and they are gone 3 days later (sometimes 2). Pretty expensive and so not good for him!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, hubby is pretty much a health nut. I, on the otherhand, not so much. I try to hide it from him but he knows lol.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010