why do people feel the need to respond to every typo or mispelling of a word?

I will read posts and there are times where I can see it was probably a typo, or times where someone really mispells something and then there are times where when I am reading I can see that there is probably a language barrier. Why do people feel they have gto jump on and act as though these people are stupid and that is why they are having whatever issue they have posted about? I know that I sometimes am alittle shock at some of the grammar but I never feel the need to point it out to the poster.

Oh, and I didn't know where to post this, so I am sure I will be told that it should be somewhere else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because sometimes people have nothing better to do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• some people will do anything to make it seem as if they are smarter than others....

Sometimes the grammar shocks me too. But, i am on here to give my honest opinion & advice. I'm not on here to correct anyone's English, so i don't.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I sometimes point it out but never when it is obvious that there is no grammar education, then I just look between the lines.

Answer by older at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• U r right!!! Don't be anonymous!!! I think people r in a bitchy mood and they take it out on anybody that is on here!!!! Like they r superior!!!! Nobody is perfect,we r human not God!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• samurai - I agree, cm is to get advice and opinions and it is coming to the point where you can't just post and get info, it is like you have to worry that the post is grammically correct and if it isn't you have to post the correct way just so people don't attack you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Because they are perfect, but we won't know it unless they have the opportunity to let us know how superier they are!! 

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Also, I've noticed that many times, it's the same people doing over and over, in an ugly manner. Sometimes they will go anonymous, but I still recognize them :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I never make a cooment about grammar. There have been times when it is so bad I didn't understand it though. Cases like that I just skip.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• LOL OP!

I have asked questions on here before & read them over like 10 times before i posted to make sure there was no bad grammar. I have worried about that too. I just want someone to answer my question, not make me look like a total ass for mis-spelling something...LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't care about typos or misspellings or bad grammar. I don't like reading questions that have no punctuation only because it makes them hard to read. I don't post about it though, I just don't read the question.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010