What would you do?

Your newly pregnant with a 3yr old already. (26 yrs old live on own, job, car, financially ok!) Family will be devasted if they found out you are pregnant and the babys father is a complete jerk (also father to the 3yr old).
Family will overreact and cause drama and talk negatively about you and babys father is again a complete jerk and nonsupportive. would you keep the baby and be happy or terminate it?

mature answers only please. I am not a troll.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I was fine on my own then I would keep it. It's not the babies fault that I banged a jerk.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• First off get rid of the NON supportive babys father Second. SCREW my family. I will keep my baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• you are a mature adult woman, and the decision to keep your baby is yours alone and should have nothing to do with what your family or other people will think.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Only you can make this decision, but don't make it based on what your family thinks. You can't change them. How do they treat your 3 year old? They'll come around eventually. You might want to make some decisions about your future with this guy, if he's a jerk.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would consider keeping the baby or putting it up for adoption. I would not terminate/abort. You just said keep the baby and be happy. So if you can see yourself keeping the baby and being happy, then why would you even consider terminating and possibly being miserable just to keep a few mouths shut?  I think you answered your own question. 

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i could never have an abortion,its not the baby's fault who the dad is
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with lovemydog, if you could see yourself being happy then you wouldnt be asking what to do, you already have an answer made up in your mind but it seems that you may be looking for consent from someone that what you want to do is ok.I know if it was me in your shoes and I was well off on my own I would keep the child, it didnt ask to be brought in to the world and he or she does not deserve their life to be taken away for selfish reasoning. You can not always judge your life decisions off of what other people will say or do it is time to buckle down and take responsibilities for your own actions obviously since you have a 3 year old you know what can happen when you have sex, if this isnt what either of you wanted there could have been measures taken to avoid it and if your family wants to hate let em hate just dont let it interfere with your parenting if the child is unwanted give them to sum1 who will love them.
    Brycensmommy512

Answer by Brycensmommy512 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would never kill my baby no matter what the situation was.

Honestly why would you let the opinions of stupid people get in the way of you being with you baby?

SO WHAT if he's unsupportive and a jerk! You said you are finacially okay. You sound like a strong, independent women to me. I'm sure you could handle it!

SO WHAT if your family will act like asses! That's THEIR LOSS! My family would never talk bad about a baby coming into our lives. We might not like the circumstances surrounding the conception but we would still love the baby just the same.

Have your baby, ignore the idiots, and QUIT SLEEPING WITH LOSERS!! You sound like you are better than that!
    Anonymous

• if your family is being difficult, just tell them that it's your decision on what's best for your baby. Ok so your not with the baby father or whatever, you should do what makes you happy. Who cares what others think.
    IF I were in that situation I would keep the baby. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank you ladies so much. It is a difficult time for me. I grew up so unhappy with my family always judging and being critical to being with an loving a man that is so horrible at times. I come to realize that my babies are special blessings from God and that they were given to me for a reason and I know I love them both with all my heart even though the new one is still unborn. I honestly have NO ONE to talk too and keep asking these questions as a form of communicating with someone other than myself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010