Friends?!?

Me and my SO have recently broken up, I came to the realization after many months that it wasn't going to work(as I wrote in my other question)and have decided to move into my own place, we have chosen to remain friends for the sake of our unborn chold...getting to the point, I always told myself I wouldn't be a single parent but now that I'm faced with this I am in need of advice from anyone who has dealt with a break up during pregnancy and how you coped?!?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Child*
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You will come to the conclusion that you will do WHATEVER it takes to provide for your baby.... How far along are you? child support ??
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm 10weeks and I haven't discussed or thought of child support, all of this just happened today so my mind is all over the place.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• did u ever ask him about ur friend seeing him at an atm?? I would have went up to him if I was her and said hey wheres ur pregnant girlfriend at?? or hey!! whens the baby due, lol.
    Anonymous

• Oh it was the mother of his child from another relationship and he said that they had met so that he could give her some money to get his laptop from this place where u rent furniture and electronics from, basically it made no sense but I stopped caring to hear the stories and excuses at that point,Thanks for remembering though lol!Glad to see someone checking up on me lol!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have so much respect for single moms. I think they have the hardest job on the planet. I have a girlfriend who honestly I think is 10 times a better mom than me because hse basically HAS to be. She is so awesome. Fromw atchign her (and being a new not so single mom myself) I would say child support is crucial as well as lining up physical help and support prior to baby being born. You will want lots of support from friends and family and a few brave men or women who will help you through the night time feedings until you can do it on your own. As well as someone(s) who would be willing to take baby at least once a week for an overnight so you can rest up. Although if the father will have some custody it might make that a little easier. Dont let your pride stop you from accepting help from others. They wouldnt offer if they didnt want to :) Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008