Do you ever feel you thought you would be better at this??

I thought I would be this great mother and be so patient and kind and fun and creative and I just feel like I am NOT that person I should be... My son is very trying, I have family support and support of my DH but it gets so hard some days, I just feel completely overwhelmed.. I even work outside the home so Its not like I am a SAHM who has to "deal" with everything or take care of everything.. how do other moms out there do this?? My DH gives me breaks and helps out with housework - we are a great team - so what's my problem?? Why is this so hard?? He whines all the time, rarely content, lacking independent play.. we love to play with him and be with him as he will be our only, but most days its always "Something" setting him off or making him whine ex: the toilet paper roll was empty.. Like REALLY?? things like this ALL the time..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• yeah i understand. sometimes i feel like oh all these moms have all this time to sit and play and teach their kids so much. i have tons of house work, i have school work and work and i feel very overwelm at time. but sometimes i just say you know what she loves me and that is all the matter. the simple things is what matters. just take a step back mama. you are doing a great job. its a very difficult job. just hang in there. sometimes moms dont hear that like they should and i am saying it to you now. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I learned along with my kids, and never for a minute did I think, I could do any better, because I gave it my all, that is all you can do.

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010