16 month old

my daughter has 2 ear infections i took her to the doct this morning and her temp was 99. i just took it again at home and now its between 101 and 102. should i be concerned??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd call the doctor.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No.

Temperatures vary throughout the day, and low-grade 'fevers' are usually nothing more than taking temperatures more often than usual. Most people are not an average of 98.6, not the least because that was a mistaken conversion from 37C that those averages were invented in.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Just give her some Tylenol or Motrin and alternate between the two. She's going to have a fever during this time. My sons fever stayed at 102 for a few days before it just went away all together.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would at least make an appointment. In the mean time, give her Motrin and Tylenol, if she gets better before the appointment, you can always cancel it.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• A fever is the body's way of fighting infection. That's pretty low so if you give her medicine to bring it down, it's going to prevent her body from fighting the infections and they'll just hang on longer.... I wouldn't worry unless it spikes higher...
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010