Who did this when you were in labor?

Who played music in the hosp room when you were in labor?

Girlneffy just said i should play some jack johnson because my baby already LOVES his music and bounces around when its played. its so calm and upbeat and happy.

Now it has me considering to do that.

Is that weird? lol is it a weird request for hospitals??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lots of women play music in the delivery room :)

I'm just an odd ball and brought my lap top so I could watch movies LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i had playlist off my laptop while in labor with my second. With my first, my sister actually brought me her portable CD player with a bunch of cds she had made for me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My sister did it she's the only one I know that has, but I think it's normal.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• When they did my c-sec with Dallas he was born to Vanilla Ice. Drs choice not mine it was on his IPOD.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• no actually they recommend it. I went in to labor 6 weeks early and was only at the hospital an hour before I neede4d a c-section. there was no time for music but I imagine if my next delivery is a little more slow and normal I will use music
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• In our hospital they have cassette/cd,dvd/vcr players in the rooms in an enterntainment center for you to use in your rooms to help with the birth of your baby.
    They have headphones,unless you bring your own to use during exams to relax you.
    I'm doing water birth,with music to make it not hectic,hope the baby keeps with those plans..lol
    Anonymous

• i wish I had listened to music but i was so busy being in labor didt consider it and didn't think about it earlier and planned for it. But no as the people above have said, it's not weird and i think that doctors are fine with it.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 8:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008