Do You Give your Mail Carrier a Gift for Christmas?

gift

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 12:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• No, because we have about 12 different ones a year, and at Christmas it's the least likely time we'll see our regular guy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, I don't see ours we have a box at the end of the driveway.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 12:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I give my main carrier a gift, simply because I work from home and she has to get out of the truck a lot to pick up packages that I send out. I like to keep her on my good side! :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We don't for the same reason as the post above.

And don't give them cash if you do give a gift to a postal worker....they legally cannot accept it. Cookies, Cakes, books, DVDs.....valued under $20 is okay. No Amer Ex. Gift Cheques, No Personal checks, no gifts valued over $20, and absolutely no alcohol.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Post at the top that is.
    twinsplus2more

• Well, Curtis is not just the postal worker who has the route my home is on. He is our friend..so yes, we do. When we lived other places we made goodies like fudge or something and left them in a tin for the mail carrier.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i usaly give $10 to dunkin donuts so he can get a hot drink when its cold out.
    jennmargaret

Answer by jennmargaret at 1:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I used to when we had a regular mail carrier, but he transferred a few years back and we've had a different carrier every other day since it seems.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We always give the mail carrier, the trash guys and the recycling guy gifts.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah but i dont know if i will be able to this year :( i dont even know if i can probably mage christmas period this year:( I bake Cookies or something and dress up a basket with goodies we have had the same mailman for years:)
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010