Did you get Engaged Christmas (Past)?

jewelry

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 12:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes, Christmas of 2001. It was actually 2 days before x-mas. My husband wanted to give me the ring before so that we could announce it on x-mas day. He knew that x-mas was my favorite holiday so he took me out to a nice dinner and when we got home he told me that I should go see if Santa had left anything in my stocking. Knowing that I do not like opening presents before x-mas morning he had me all fired up! I thought that he was trying to get me to give him his presents early so I refused to check the stocking! FINALLY after he had driven me crazy I went and got the stocking and said " See....you are messing with me there is nothing in here!" then I felt a lump at the bottom of the stocking and I just stood there wide eyed and speechless! I finallly reached in a grabbed it out and just cried and cried! I will never forget that!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, Christmas 2005 in front of my family Christmas morning. We were married October 2008.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes. Christmas eve 2007. we always do a super formal dinner with my parents and grandparents, and sister. My dh asked my father a few weeks prior. he had a waiter bring over a tray with the ring in some crystal glass thing - in front of everyone. i have no idea what he said to me though - lol. it was a blur. i expected it every year - and each year it never happened. so when it finally did I WAS so surprised. (i'd given up hope!!!) haha
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yep, 1979
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes. Christmas 1996.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010