I'm on vacation and my 14 month old daughter is swimming ALL THE TIME, but her ezema is getting worse. How can I stop it? Or at least help it not to be all red , dry, and itchy?

my baby scratches and scratches and lotion isn't working. My daughters doctor said cortizon cream, but I forgot to ask which kind and I'm states away from her doctor with no number, any suggestions?

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 10:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • Any cortizon cream will work.. But I would suggest keeping her lotioned up with eucerin calming cream! It works the best foe my girls!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Any type of cortisone cream that contains at least 5 percent or more.
    adrianne800

Answer by adrianne800 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I agree with the other posters. Lub her up at least a few times a day with eucerin calming cream! That stuff is magic!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I've been using Cortizone 10 on myself and it works great. I get it really bad around my belly button (allergic reaction to metal buttons) and all around my wedding ring. I got cort 10 and it works very fast! Good luck!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 1:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• dermatology told us to use the Aveeno lotion(light blue cap only) twice a day on grandson. When he has a flare up we use the perscription Verdeso Foam. Any cortisone will help get the 1% if you can find it. Pools, rivers and lakes irritate eczems only sea water will calm it. Again according to dermatologist we go to
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I agree with all of the above. When my son gets out of the swimming pool, I also put him in the tub or shower to get to chlorine off. Then use one of the Aveeno products. He as BAD ezema and it helps. I DON"T recommend using any of the Johnson & Johnson oils or creams.They just dried his skin more. Aveeno products work great. Cortzone 10 works good in spot blisters.
    froglady23

Answer by froglady23 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I wonder if protecting the places where she has it would help too. Vaseline might work to prevent it from the effects of the water and chlorine while she's in it. Just a thought.
    ErikaRobin

Answer by ErikaRobin at 12:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2008