do most night shifts have training during the day or does it vary? what if i cant find someone to watch ds?

I applied for a PT nightshift job at a distribution center. I didnt even give the training a thought. I applied for nightshift so DS can stay home with SO. I didnt even think about asking the manager the questions I have now, but I will probably hold off on them till I get the "you got the job" call (I'm waiting on the drug test results, just taken this morning so it might take a couple of days). But in general, do most night shift jobs train during the day? Or does it depend on the employer? Gosh if the training is 5 hours long per day I hope I can find someone to watch ds that long. He's only 2 :( I cant afford a babysitter that long per day and for the week or so of training...what options do I have? what did you do?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think it depends. In some jobs, the night duties are different than day duties, so they will train you at night. I say cross that bridge when you come to it. You might want to start brainstorming ideas, and calling people, just in case. Hopefully, it'll all work out! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Are there any home daycare providers in your area? Call to see if they do drop-ins or have a part-time position available.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• good idea jeremysmom! I just posted an add on my facebook page, just a general note saying I'm not sure how many hours I'd be training or what days, but if they have a good gap of free time during the day I could use their help with watching ds.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010