Is it rational and reasonable when...

Women attempt or seem to think they can control their DHs like teenage kids?

One lady mentioned she wanted his FB accounts and password as she'd be checking in on him from time to time.  She didn't like that he has an Ex-gf on there that he was talking to and wanted her removed and deleted from his Friend's List on FB. 

I agree with telling him and asking him about it, but checking in like he's some errant teenage son, no. He's an adult. He'll gladly give you the password and remove/block her and just set up another FB account and re-add her and explain what happened. And this time he'd really be able to speak freely cuz you'd have no clue about this new account. So "check up on him" all ya want cuz he's only gonna show you what you wanna see on that one. So that plan won't work. Treating him like a child that has to answer to you is bad enough.

This is the internet. Its very very easy for someone to hide and blend into the background without much effort.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've always found romantic relationships are like handfulls of sand. The tighter you try to grip them, the more they slip through your fist.

If you don't trust the person enough to let them be on Facebook, then why are you in a relationship to begin with??
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with every word you said.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh, that's nothing... my grandmother treated my grandfather like he was 4.

Of course, I didn't 'check up on' my teens, either. I have noticed that the deep desire to control others stems from an unwillingness or inability to control oneself. And, naturally from that, a deep disrespect for people, starting with the self.

The people I've known who 'just didn't' check up, control or otherwise manipulate their loved ones have always been the most generous, respectful and respectable of folks.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• to be fair i think that he should have said his ex GF is on his FB account in his friends list,and that he didnt have a problem with whoever knowing about it because there was nothing going on.....however its his choice if he is going to tell whoever who all is in his friends list and who he talks to,what he does on there.....if you dont trust him then get out of the relationship with him....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Quote from Star Wars: Princess Leia (to Darth Vader) "The more star systems you attempt to control, the more that will slip thru you're fingers"... and that is so true in real life, as well.

Attempting to control someone just makes them pull away and find ways to do what they want anyways. Makes them sneaky, not obedient.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010