Why are there always so many religious questions???

Religion is not a" my way or the highway" sorta thing. We all believe in a God, right? Or a higher power? So who's to say who's right or wrong? There's only ONE judge remember?
It just seems there are alot of these and they end in everyone fighting to prove their points... regardless of what you believe I'm pretty sure being kind to your fellow man goes for all of us ;)
So while your arguing your point, or asking questions that you know will stir up trouble, remember what your topic is and what its supposed to teach you ;)Just a thought

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ... regardless of what you believe I'm pretty sure being kind to your fellow man goes for all of us ;)

I definitely AGREE with this.  Ideas like love, compassion, kindness can be universally valuable to people of all faiths and non-faiths.  I don't find very many questions on here offensive, besides a few of the annoying troll-like anon posts.  But even with those, I answer if I'm interested in the subject and ignore it if I'm not.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We all believe in a God, right? Or a higher power?

------------------------------

No, and it is this sort of ignorance which causes trouble.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, actually, I don't believe in a higher power.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Um... no, we don't ALL believe in a god or higher power. Right there IS a reason we NEED questions in the R&B section- to inform and educate people.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I do not know. But you can't not change any one's beliefs (nor make a non-believer a believer). So I do not know why they waste all their anger and violence on their beliefs, when it realistically doesn't get them any where.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Religion is not a" my way or the highway" sorta thing. We all believe in a God, right?

WRONG

Or a higher power?

WRONG

So who's to say who's right or wrong?

That's why people discuss it

There's only ONE judge remember?

WRONG

For someone complaining about all the religious questions, you've made it painfully obvious that you've never bothered to read them.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• OP: This is the religion and beliefs section..... that is why the questions.
    It is a place to learn and grow. Not everyone believes in a god, even as a Christian I know this. What I do know is God believes in us regardless of what they believe. :-)
    Please take the time to read some of the posts and see where everyone comes from. You will find that there is all different walks of life... it is interesting yet I stand firm in my belief in God and that Jesus is the way the truth and the life.
    Not everyone believes that though and I share what I believe and respect what others believe. It is really that simple. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Why are there always so many religious questions?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm genuinely curious about other perspectives and I enjoy learning new things (and even debating them in the other section).  I don't come on here with the intent to convince anyone that my way is any better than their way.  We all have our choices to make and paths to take.

Religion is not a" my way or the highway" sorta thing. We all believe in a God, right? Or a higher power? There's only ONE judge remember?

No, not everyone does in God or a higher power.  And some people define God differently than others, in that there's no judge or personal deity for some of us.  Others don't believe in God or think it's irrelevant because we can't know.  Lots of different views on this.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nature of the beast to try and prove yourself and your beliefs to be right
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• cuz online is the place to do it. You can't so much in real life and nothings going to happen to you here as well as having total strangers be mad at you doesn't really mean anything to many people. So if your gonna raise up something contraversial, online to a buncha strangers is a great place to do it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010