Best time for baby #2? Our daughter is 16mons...

and we are thinking about trying in April. If we get pregnant right away our daughter will 2.5 when new baby is born..thoughts? I think it seems like a good age gap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 2.5 when my brother was adopted. I wanted my parents to send him back. **grin**

Toddlers are self-centered little beasts. If you're prepared to deal with that from your older child, nothing wrong with that age. Or any age, really.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That's up to you and your Spouse. For myself I wanted my children to be close in age. I have a two year old, a one year old, and our third (and final) child is due in February. However, for some the bigger the gap the better. So it is all dependent on what you and your spouse want. If you feel that is a good gap then go for it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Only you can determine if that age gap will be good for your family.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We got pregnant when our DD was 20 months old and in my experience that was the PERFECT age gap. She has been so loving and helpful with her brother.

Now they are 17 months and 3. They play together REALLY well. She's always worried about his well being and making him happy. They share.

I'm not saying everything is candles and roses all the time. They do fight SOMETIMES but honeslty for the most part they are best friends as my 3 year old would tell you!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My oldest two are almost exactly 3 years apart. It was great because i didn't have two kids in diapers because DS#1 was potty trained by the time he was 2. And he was old enough to be kind of self-sufficient. But i kinda wish they were a bit closer in age, just because they dont play real well together right now. Our third baby is due in March, so the younger two will only be around 18 months apart. I'm a little anxious to have two that young, and two in dipes!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Having them close in age is rough at first. It gets easier as they get older. I have an 8, 10, and 12 year old. They get along really well, considering they are sbilngs and all. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My first and second were 7 yrs apart and I preferred that to the second and third that were 2 yrs apart.Personally, I think 4 yrs is a good number.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my Boys are 20 months apart and it was a little hard bc my oldest didnt know how to really deal with having a new baby he didnt really understand It wasnt bad he didnt hit or anything like that he just didnt really care.. And when we would go out it was hard because It was just me and them.. But they are now Pretty good friends lol
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010