Are you a worrier?

If so, what do ya do to try & calm down & worry less? its hard & meds help.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, most things people worry about are beyond their control and it just wastes a lot of time and energy worrying about them.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes and a planner. I worry about plans not working out. Some say God laughs when we plan.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not at this point and time in life.

I used to be when I was younger. I would worry about anything and everything. To the point that I would be awake at night with thoughts going through my mind like: what do I do if this happens.. how do I handle it if that happens.. if this is said do I say this or that. ect.

Then.. I realized. I was making my life seem worse, my problems seem worse, and made issues more difficult to address and resolve because I was so stressed out/worried all the time over stuff. I finally realized and accepted that no matter how much I worried, my worrying didn't make things any better or easier (made it worse actually), worrying didn't bring about a solution to problems at hand, and worrying about things that hadn't even happened was just a pointless exercise all the way around. Once I accepted these things. Worrying just sort of , stopped. No I no longer worry. I just take care of things as needed
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I used to be but now I relax about things. My husband relaxes. If ya cant beat em, join em! lol I do write alot of stuff down and it helps me. It helpd to do one thing a day but get the things that are necessary first. What has really helped me is to THROW IT AWAY! lol GL mama.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i worry alot. i really have no way to stop it. it all stems from past experiences.
    milkieshakes

Answer by milkieshakes at 2:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Incessantly. Therapy and medication has helped so much more than I could ever say.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have anxiety..it comes with the territory. lol. Plus I'm a paranoid person, and that doesn't help. But meds do, at least for me..I just haven't needed them lately. Found my own ways of dealing with worries, etc, without medication or overeating (which I used to do).
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010