Santa (For people who celebrate Christmas only)

Would you wait until your kids found out Santa was not real or would you tell them when they are old enough?? I would not tell my kids until they figured it out. I know a jerk who told his kid when she was really young & ruined it for her! I think thats wrong let kids be kids & enjoy the magic of it as long as they can.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I will let them figure it out and never tell the full truth. I like magic and imagination.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It's part of childhood and Christmas magic..my Husband and I aren't going to ruin either for Our Son. When He finds out on His own, that's when He will know.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I waited until my kids figured it out.....I agree, let them enjoy the magic as long as they can.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think I would let him figure it out... unless he was just too old then I would tell him like mompam said I wouldn't want kids making fun of him, but I also don't want to ruin the excitement and magic of Christmas either
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I plan on waiting until he figures it out. Most kids figure it out by the time they get to school and that's such a short time for magic!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i believed in santa up until i was 11. the only reason i stopped is because i saw my mother wrapping the presents. i was so disappointed. id let them believe their whole lives if i had my way.
    milkieshakes

Answer by milkieshakes at 1:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Would you still answer that way if your child were 12 and still believed in Santa?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I told my son when he was 10. I was afraid he would mention it to his friends and they would make fun of him. He also played hockey with older kids. I didn't want him made fun of. He was 10, it was time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ill wait til they figure it out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, I agree with you.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010