Do you give your kids an allowance?

Why or why not?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes. It's often a child's first lesson or exposure to the work/earning income concept.
    Anonymous

• We did because SS earned it and we wanted him to understand saving and spending from an early age However, here recently he lost all of his allowance twice in a matter of three months. So we stopped until he was a little more ready to handle it. He snuck his wallet to BMs house and left it there for about 2 weeks. No one has any recollection of him spending it and he had $25 when he left with it and nothing when it came home. Then the second time he was playing with his wallet and lost it in his bedroom. I still think the money is at the bottom of a toybox, but I am not sure. He now has $10 but we keep his wallet in the safe at home now.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• no I dont. my kids dont do enough of what they are suppose to do let alone enough extra to earn money from me!
    Anonymous