My husband says I'm overreacting...

My daughter needs to go to the dentist...I can't drive right now because of a license issue and my husband is distracted with stuff. I remind him all the time and I was finally going to just put her on the bus with me this week and take her myself. Anyhow, one Saturday my husband informs me that his father made an appointment for our daughter at so and so dentist. I was beyond pissed! This man does this all the time. I asked my husband to please tell his dad that I didn't appreciate it because it would sound less harsh coming from him than from me. He said he wasn't going to do this because I'm overreacting...again, this man has been doing this for the past 17 years and he knows for a fact that I don't like his interference. Do you think that after putting up with this shit for so long that I'm overreacting?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Your husband should take responsibility for his own daughter and make the appointment himself. NOT the grandfather. I'm sure he is trying to help but it's not his place to do that. Your hubby needs to get off his butt and put his daughter's needs first.
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think that maybe your FIL is trying to be helpful. Unless your husband specifically asked then no you aren't over reacting.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• What matthew9_22 said! And, off-topic, but how does one have a negative amount of credits? Wacky!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, you have every right to be pissed!

Answer by older at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• He's meddling.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• slapNo, I would tell him to but out.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you & your husband aren't able to take her, then I'd be happy that her grandfather wants to help b/c evidently you & your husband dont seem to be bothered by her need for the dentist.
    candiegram

Answer by candiegram at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you have a right to be upset, YOU had the situation in hand and there was no reason for fil to stick his nose in and take it upon himself to make an appointment for your daughter. I do think your husband needs to tell his dad he was out of line, and that any and all appointments from now on will be made by the 2 of you-- NOT dad! As for the appointment dad made if it does not work with your schedule, or if it is not with your own dentist then I would suggest cancelling it and taking your daughter to someone you approve of when it fits your schedule.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• (continued)
    Oh and if fil does not like you cancelling his appt. and going when it works for you--- too bad! Then maybe he should not have put his nose in where it did not belong! (I'd also tell him that I plan to do this EVERY time he makes an unwanted appointment!)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• maybe grandpa was tired of nobody taking her. I think you are over reacting. get the child to a dentist!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010