I am dying for a glass of wine!

I love my red wine and I have not had any alcohol since I found out I was pregnant.

I know that you can drink red wine on occasion while pregnant but is there any chance that a single glass could harm baby?

I am 26 weeks tomorrow.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No. My husband is a pediatrician, and he says it's fine to drink wine now and then when you're pregnant. Just don't go overboard. In other countries, people drink wine every day, even while pregnant. Everything in moderation.
    Anonymous

• For me, I would do it. I had an occasional glass with my second child. For my first, I was pretty young (21) and freaked out that just one drink would hurt the baby. In fact, I had like half a wine cooler for New Year's Eve that time, and just couldn't bring myself to drink it!! But it's totally up to you, as long as you don't go overboard or drink everyday. A lot of women in different cultures still drink wine when pregnant.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I've heard it won't but some people will go crazy over it and bash you. I don't drink so I am no expert. Ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• My midwife told me that one glass of wine or one beer would be fine just make sure you have a full stomach.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• there is no real amount that we can or cant have.Its safe to not drink any at all because the studys are not sure of a "safe" amount
    Anonymous

• Mmmmm red wine.....

thanks! LOL

i had a glass of red wine a few weeks ago.. it was actually like 1/2 or 1/14 or a glass lol barely anything but it was good.

red wine has stuff in it that is good for the babys brain. and its more natural than beer i think.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well my doctor told me a half glass of red wine here and there isnt going to hurt dont go over board by any means. I would stay away from drinking beer all together but im sure a glass of wine once in a great while is ok your past your first trimester. Its really up to you.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008