What should I do?

I said I wanted him to close his account on Facebook. He said he'd just make another. In fact he could make a dozen if he wanted. He said he didn't want me telling him what he could do or not.

He said he is an adult, not my son or an employee of mine and to back off. He said I'm free to see whatever he's doing, nothing to hide, but he doesn't want me spying or telling him what to do.

I just feel its a waste of time and I don't know some of the people he's talking to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would recommend backing off. He's obviously not trying to hide anything from you. Just because you feel its a waste of time doesn't mean he shares your opinion. He may feel this website is a waste of time and he may not know everyone you're talking to here. Would you close this account if he demanded it of you? Does he even know you're here at all? Sounds like you have a trust issue much bigger than Facebook.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Why do you want him to close it? If he doesn't mind you seeing what is on there, it's not like he is trying to hide anything. My husband is 10 years older than me and acts like my father sometimes. That is not healthy for a relationship.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• So, basically he can't have a life outside of the people that you know? Give me a break. I don't know half of the people that my SO hangs with. I TRUST him completely. He hangs out with guys from 3 different clubs or groups that he is associated with. I know most of the people from one of the clubs but not the other 2. Let him have a life and relax. You wouldn't want someone doing the same thing to you. BTW mine as a Facebook acct and Myspace acct and I don't have either.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My husband and I both have Facebook accounts. I have friends that he don't know and he has friends that I don't know. If he gets a new friend (male or female) I ask who they are and where they know them from. I trust him and he trusts me. I even know his password! LOL
    Give him a chance. Be patient. If you see something that isn't right...then ask questions. But trust is the key to a great relationship.
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• So what's cafe mom but a waste of time? He doesn't know who your talking to. Hell you don't know who your talking to
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• hay i have a ? for you do you like cafemom
    amybeers

Answer by amybeers at 2:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• as along as he doesnt be friend strange woman and such it should be fine.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You have to trust your guy! If he says you can read it why not let him have his friends?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010