Sometimes I go to lunch with my 2 year old...

Is this weird, or would you think it was weird if you saw it...sometimes I take my 2 year old out to lunch with me, just him and me. Not to like McDonalds, but to sushi, Olive Garden, Thai food, etc. Is that weird, because it's almost like going by myself since there's not someone having a real conversation with me during the meal??

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 3:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is not weird at all. I would do it and actually it sounds like a fine idea! You are exposing your child to different types of foods, teaching him manners, and spending one on one time with him.

If I were to see you at the restaurant I would think that it was sweet.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I've done this many times. Not weird at all.
    Anonymous

• no it is not weird you enjoy it.
    kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• do what pleases you. I love taking my kids out with me. I never leave with out taking at least 2. I think exposing them to something other than fast food is a great idea. Our family loves Thai, and Indian food
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• thats no werid at all. when my husband took my daughter out of state to visit family it was just me and my 2 1/2 year old and i took him to applebees and at lunch and split a desert. you are not going alone. you are having lunch with your child, giving him experiance of different atmopheres and enviorments. Teaching him how to behave in places like that. your not doing anything wrong.
    MomGoneCrazyX2

Answer by MomGoneCrazyX2 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Awww thanks for the comments! See, I feel a little better when I take the 6 year old out, but for the 2 year old, I don't know I think the server or whatever won't be thrilled to wait on a table that doesn't have a lot of people or whatever.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have taken my 17 month old out to lunch with me. We had a blast too.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 3:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I do that with all my my kids who are all very small...... I havel always had issues like I would never ever go somewhere alone and I thought that this would bother me but oddley it doesnt.... I enjoy the time with them outta the house!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It is not weird because you can actually have conversations with your child. My son is 21 months old and we read books at the table, color and point out various things in the environment. He is very observant and has a large vocabulary. This is a result of always talking to him like a real perosn. Make every experience a learning experience.
    hap2bmom

Answer by hap2bmom at 4:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I do it when I feel brave and my daughter is well rested. It's good for her and for me.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008