Sitting on your butt all day...

is unhealthy, but if you haven't really eaten anything either, is it less unhealthy.

there's no empty calories or fat being placed anywhere since I haven't eaten anything all day but 1 banana and 2 cups of coffee.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 2:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why do you have to make yourself feel better for not having done anything? You were having a mental health day... a day spent in relaxation and solitude. This will make you more even-tempered and fun to be around so there is no need to apologize for your lack of activity! (sounds good put this way, doesn't it?) :)
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm not trying to be sarcastic but....What is your question?
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Not eating anything is unhealthy too!

Answer by older at 2:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Lol. I wouldn't say "less unhealthy" because you can't compare not eating with not exercising. Will you gain less weight by sitting on your butt not eating that you would sitting on your butt stuffing your face? Yes. But it's not "less unhealthy". Your body still needs nutrients AND exercise.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Actually, yeah it's even more unhealthy to not eat on top of being completely sedentary.

Not eating, deprives the body of essential nutrients (and calories) that it needs for the organs/body to function properly. And, a person is more like to retain weight living this way because their body will automatically store up any all calories (when food is eaten) in order to have the energy to function during the extended periods that no food/calories are being taken in.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Your body goes on shut down when you don't eat and you don't burn calories.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It would be better to eat a healthy meal than not eat at all if you're going to sit on your butt all day.
    Anonymous

• make yourself an awesome meal and enjoy the time alone. why havent you ate yet anyway? im straving lol
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 3:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• aw.. I was trying to make myself feel better for not having done anything today. Too cold to go out, I had the house to myself and realized I hadn't eaten, so figured that was probably a good thing due to the lack of activity I had today.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010