3 year old with an ear infection....

Is there over the counter drops or something else I can do to help get rid of it?

ZachsMom325

Asked by ZachsMom325 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, have her checked out, it is important you kill an infection with antibiotics, it can lead to problems if you don't. My daughter had her ear drum burst at the age of 4 because of this. Now as an adult she has problems still and doesn't hear well from one ear.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Dr's office or ER.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No but as a prevenative use vitamin c therapy. I gave it to my daughter three times a day from age two on, as she was having infection after infection. She got colds after that but no more ear infections.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thanks. Took him to the Dr.'s and its not an infection after all. He has a little bit of water in his ear canal the drum is fine. It's actually alot better then it was. They told me to put a little bit of peroxide in his ear and a cotton ball.
    ZachsMom325

Comment by ZachsMom325 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010