Shots and concerns.

My son is 8 months old and he has had ear infections so much that he is not up todate with his shots. He doesnt have his 6 month shots but his 4 month shots got him sick. He ran a temperature of 102.0 for 2 days straight then it went to 103.1. Now he has a lump in his leg where the shot was injected and this was over 2 months ago. He has to go in next month I am concerned. SHould I ask to get his shots seperate or what should I do?

jaevenmomma

Asked by jaevenmomma at 10:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well a four month old having such a horrible fever has to be the first sign that the shots did it!!! i would NOT TAKE MY CHILD back to get any of his shots.. a 103.1 temp for such a small being can be deadly!!! if i were you i woudnt give him his shots. and by the way he is acting with his temp and lump i hope you dont do it.. because those are very bad signs...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You can wait till he is older to get shots. Say 5 or soo. Talk to your Dr. about waiting till he is older when his body can handle it better.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would surely get the lump checked out. I think I would wait on the shots. Talk to the Dr. about that, or find one that will work with you. That is a pretty bad reaction. That would definitely make me do some research!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Call and ask what do they think. In the meanwhile, try to keep him from sicken again. It is definitely a bad idea to vaccainate him while he is sick. Toxic and more toxic. how he gets better.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I got his 4 month shots at 7 months old adn this is what happened. Does this make a difference?
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 7:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• no it should especially because he was older, his body is now in contact with more things which builds his immune system.. it shouldnt have happened at all ESPECIALLY later
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008