The outlaw cousin is now blowing us off, what should I say to her finally?

My hubby's cousin and her hubby and son drove 8 hours away to visit her mom and to see Manhattan. We went with her and that night after we got back from the city the cousin had a huge blowout with her mom. She ran out without saying bye to her dad and is now not speaking to her mom. She has been like this with her mom for over 25 years!
We have not talked as much since then, but in the mail she sent me a letter asking for a donation to a magazine to help out her son's school. My hubby frown on that and I really can not afford another 45-50 dollar on nonessentials. So now she ignores my husband's call for Thanksgiving. We have not spoken at all. What should I say to her about the magazine issue since she is so sensitive about everything and very whacky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• If she's acting rude to YOU then YOU can say what you feel you need to say. It's one thing if she's acting like a snot to her mother or your husband, but it's another thing when it's you and honestly if I were in your position I'd tell her to take a chill pill, go hug a tree, and get over herself.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Just tell her the truth, you can't afford it period, if she goes off on that, she has got big problems.

Answer by older at 2:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• She does. But we are always so politically correct with her. She is very artsy. I can not believe she would act so snobby even with my husband. I wnat to write to her and get it off my chest with out saying I can not afford it. What can I say to not be so blunt about it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Anyone else with any ideas?? Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• so true marine wife0520. She is his side of the family . I try to be polite and cordial but why should I worry about someone being rude to me just because the check is not in the mail??? I mean really so if I mail a check she would be up my a@@.The crazy part is then my mil will tell my hubby to call her and he does since she is an outlaw type.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would make a comment about how you don't get to talk very often. Let her know that you feel like something is keeping you apart and not sure what it is.confused

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010