Stop saying the Republicans prevented the passage of the extension!

I'm sick of Libs and their crap. Maybe some of you are not educated on this because you come here with liberal talking points or you just can't handle the truth but the media knows just who prevented this from passing and yet they still tell lies.

It was brought to the House floor under the rules of suspension, requiring it to garner two-thirds of the votes. However, with a vote of 258-154, the bill fell short of passage by 17 votes. Eleven House Democrats voted against the measure, seven House Democrats did not cast votes, and 21 Republicans voted for the benefits extension. However, House Democrats blamed Republicans for blocking the measure.

There it is, it was the Democrats that prevented it. They had 21 Republicans vote for it. It's the simple fact that they had 11 Democrats vote against it and 7 did not vote. (how convenient)That makes 18 votes. they only needed 17 to pass. Had they had all of those Democrat votes the bill would have passed the House.
How do you like dem apples? (no pun intended)

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The title " Dems are killing poor people"
    just doesn't make the newspapers sell as fast as bad mouthing the Pubs.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree. The Dems are still in control. But that wouldn't make the Republicans look like yucky meanies, so good luck getting people to see your point.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 2:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I listed the facts but true I don't expect Libs to admit the truth.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Denial- it runs deep and wide!

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 2:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It's called the blame game honey and if you think both sides don't do it, there is something wrong with you.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• LOLOL....do you feel better now? That was quite a rant.
    I'm just waiting to see what happens. No opinions. Not caring....after all, what can I do about it? Nothing. The future is in THEIR hands. Not ours. Its not my problems.Can't change it. You can't either. So,....why do you get so upset?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Where did I say it didn't happen on both sides? That's not an issue here. Sorry to get your panties all in a bunch but the issue here is the tax rate extension and the accusation is teh Republicans stopped it from passing which is a bald faced LIE
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm sick of republicans and their holier than thou, out for the rich agenda !!

Nice little rant btw. **eye roll**
    Anonymous

republicans are also killing poor and elderly people....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Of course Kerpie, no one can do anything? It's obvious that YOU can't do anything with that disgusting attitude.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010