What do you plan for a party for the holidays under a tight budget?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I know this isn't a party idea, but for Christmas everyone in my family pitches in to get a big ham. My grandmother prepares it. She makes ham and swiss rolls with her homemade mustard butter. Everyone brings side dishes. We have alot of finger foods and appetizers...plus some baked beans, pasta salad, potato salad and desserts.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Bumped for you..I've never planned a Holiday party. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry, sweetie. =[ I wish you didn't have all that stress!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I always do the kind of entertaining I can afford. If it's tea and muffins with a friend, that's it. If it's potluck, that's fun. If I want it to not involve much in the way of food, we start way after dinner... and often have byob stuff, 'cause I'm not paying to get anyone drunk, or paying for the damage they do to someone later that night.

Relax. People want your company and your hospitality --select simple, inexpensive food that's well-prepared and offer games (if you like playing them) or conversation topics or even activities like decorating the tree or baking cookies...You'd be amazed what people will use as an excuse for a party. From demolishing (not kidding, really, the whole thing right to the ground) a house, to renovating a garden, partying in total darkness to 16 tables of bridge, the choice is yours. Invite away, see what happens...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• OMGosh, AJ they stress me especially I have xmas, and new years...
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'll survive AJ. LOL. Thanks for your concern hon.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes do a pot luck. make a list and let them pick from the list. it wil be less stress on you. good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010