Gift Ideas for a 4 year old boy???

I have a complete list from my 7 year old of what he wants for Christmas... unfortunately my almost 4 year old just has me puzzled. I don't know what to get him! So far I have costumes (he loves dressing up) lego's and a lego play mat ( he loves to build) and a track (he has about a hundres matchbox cars). I don't want to get one more than the other.. what are some things that you are getting for your 4 year old boy??

myboyzrmyheart

Asked by myboyzrmyheart at 2:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We're getting our's bikes but I'm guessing that you probably already have one for him. What's his favorite cartoon? Maybe one of the action figures from it. Or do you remember those little 2 in skate boards that mcd's had during october? My boys LOVE those and you can get a set of 4 or 5 at walmart for under 20. You might also consider a game online that he can play. My boys love the computer as well. lol
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• A Hess truck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My son is 5, he wants a xbox 360 but i am getting him a hand held leapfrog learning system. They have so many games where they can learn and have fun . Also the motor bike that plugs up to the tv looks cool!!! all kids love games!!!
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Stinky the Garbage Truck, Chuck the talking Dump Truck, Thomas Trains & the take along station sets, Tool bench, Matchbox play sets like a Jail & carwash.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My son's 3. We got him a police walky talky set, with a helmet and other police accessories, a little einstein's rocket (stuffed), a police helmet and stearing wheel electronic set, a fire and rescue toy set, some legos, and some Go Diego Go books. What is your son into? What does he like to watch or play? At 4 years old, he's not likely to realize that he got a couple less gifts than his older brother. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• He likes to build Lincoln Logs. Fun.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thanks for the idea's ladies!! He is really into Star Wars.. he likes Scooby Doo also, Special Agent Oso, and Imagination Movers. He likes Mickey Mouse but he loves the other shows better.

I am definitely adding walkie talkies to the list! Thanks for ideas! I am going to look into the Thomas the Train take along station sets. He likes Thomas too!

He's not really into the hess trucks.. he'd rather have the little matchbox cars... and he's had lincoln logs before and wasn't really into them either. He has a leapster, and we usually try to get the boys games for their systems once a month if they are good.. so I want to stay away from the games for Christmas. I'm really looking for some toys to push his imagination.
    myboyzrmyheart

Comment by myboyzrmyheart (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Scooby Doo has a lot of action figures out right now as well as a haunted mansion, the mystery machine, etc. Does he like puzzles and/or games? There are a ton of scooby doo puzzles and there are also a few games. Or what about just scooby doo books or movies? Target and Toys R Us have all the Scooby gear. My 4 year old loves anything and everything scooby. We got our son a razor scooter this year along with some cars (disney ones). If he likes games do you have Zingo? That along with the other games by that maker are awesome learning games, but also fun.
    jwickum

Answer by jwickum at 1:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010