I need some serious potty training tips for a 22 month old boy

my son is 22 months and i want to potty train him but i have no idea where to start. . Any tips?

mandar

Asked by mandar at 2:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What signs is he showing that he's ready?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The 3 day method!! It's AWESOME! I have the ebook, if you want it. DS had 30+ accidents day 1, 6-7 day 2, and none day 3. He's had less than 10 accidents since, and that was in September.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would love the ebook 3 day method. . .How do i get it?
    mandar

Comment by mandar (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I also did the 3 day method. I waited until my kids were 3 though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You don't need a book. This is what I did and my kids were trained in 3 days - I waited until they turned 3. Then go to the store with him and buy a lot of big boy underwear. Get all the characters that he loves. Wait until you have 3 full days to devote to this. Don't leave the house. The day before say "Tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear!!! Yay! We are so proud of you!!" The next morning put him in undies. Take him to the bathroom every half hour or so. Be very positive. Don't yell for accidents. He will have some. When he goes on the potty make a big fuss. You can put him in pull ups at night. That comes later. The next day should be much better. He will even be able to tell you when he has to go. But still take him every hour. The third day will be even better. My kids were trained by day 3. The important thing is to never go back to daytime diapers no matter what. Good luck!!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Google "toilet training readiness" for good info on readiness. (You might want to private message the mom who offered the ebook in case she does not look at this post again.) GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Is he showing signs? My son potty trained himself in a week at 3 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010