Question re: ADHD treatment options

My kids both have ADHD, and after trying everything else I could find, I ended up having to medicate. But, I just read an article about something called a Miracle Belt, a weighted belt worn around the waist, that is supposed to help with ADHD. I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with their child using this belt and if it actually works before I go discuss this with their dr. I would love nothing better than to be able to take my kids off their meds, but they are so out of control without them that I don't want to screw that all up with something that doesn't work. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know that they are often used on autistic children and seem to help some ADHDers but I don't really have any specific info.
    Anonymous