My 7 yr old will be home in a half hr. should i do homework with her now or wait untill later?

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I make mine do it when they first get in. Then they don't have to worry about it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Might as well do it now. Get it done, then you can relax.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you should do it before she gets home.

Give the child a break, fer crying out loud! She's JUST finished working away at all that, she needs some time to integrate what she's already learned before she should be expected to poke more in. And, she needs some physical activity. And probably a snack. Give her an hour or more before asking her to sit down again...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• What do you usually do? I like to get it over with.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i completely agree with linda!! we get home form school around 3..she has a snack, she plays, she runs around, we start homework at about 4
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I give my DS an hour of down time before he has to get his homework done. I have found that this allows him to get the "ants out of his pants" before he sits down again. He usually gets a snack and goes and runs outside.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I usually give her some time to have a snack and relax, but that dont seem to go very well anymore.she gets out of that school mode it seems,and then when its time to do it she only wants to play dolls or barbies,and watch tv.So i think ill try when she gets home while she is having a snack.Thanks
    meleia396

Comment by meleia396 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• it is always nicer to give them at least 30 minutes to chill then start homework. unless it interfere with dinner then do homework first then dinner.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I always wait until after dinner and bath that will be the last thing we do at night. I like to give her down time. I have a 7 yr old as well and if I do it right away she'll get lazy cuz she's thinking about what she'd rather be doing instead.
    future_mommy01

Answer by future_mommy01 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010